I'm not sure it can be gleaned from just casual interaction with me, but I can tend to get a little...random. The sheer amount of thoughts that swirl in my head can be a bit dizzying at times, and to be honest it's hard to keep a few gems of sentiment from falling through the cracks...
Here's my solution. I recently bought a small leather-bound journal in order to write down all my random thoughts I'll have in any given day. I'll try to keep it with me all the time. The content can be trivial or thought-provoking, and it doesn't matter as long as it's worth recalling. Lately, the problem has been developing the habit of just writing it as it comes. I'll eventually get there. It feels good to have a recorded history, a past snapshot of your mindset, prevailing paradigms, etc. The exercise of daily written expression, for your own eyes only, helps to give perspective in a world that seems to fly by us too quickly for us to even properly sit back and comprehend. I feel like this is "me time" spent right.
Now, if only I could improve my atrocious handwriting...

2 comments:
If you're writing in that, what am I going to see here? :)
Please keep writing however and whenever you can. You never know when you'll need to send it to Marcus Brody so he can give it to your future son to keep him from getting his head chopped off!
Post a Comment